No, I'm not talking about banks for your cash - I'm talking about other banks.
We are so used to the word "bank" referring to just cash money, that it is easy to forget that one of the core values of the simple living/frugality community is everything other than banks for our cash.
We really need to be encouraging each other to be building these other banks right inside our homes and families - it is too easy to get side tracked.
So, what other banks are we referring to here?
- A bank of food - our stockpile
- A bank of knowledge - our home journals or practical grimoires
- A bank of seeds - do you seed save?
- A bank of fire wood
- A bank of community contacts - bartering, knowledge sharing, community gardening etc.
- A bank of skills - preserving, soap making, cooking from scratch, growing food, mechanics, woodwork, building, fermenting, herbalism etc.
- A bank of books - either yours or your local library
- A bank of power alternatives - batteries, kero, solar
We probably need to stop thinking of banks just in terms of cash, because as the above list testifies, banking should happen pretty much in every part of our lives.
What other banks do you all have I wonder?
Take care folks - stay nice