I was messing around this evening with some calculations and one of them was how many actual weeks are left till Mrs HM and I officially and fully retire from full time paid work.
The calculator tells me I will retire in 505 weeks (3530ish days). Put like that, 505 weeks does not sound long at all! I think I'll cope after all.
So, lotses to do in 505 weeks hobbitses. Yes! (chews end of pencil)
List of things to do in 505 weeks
1. Think of ways to reduce 505 to less than that (never happy am I?)
2. Purchase that caravan (cash purchase)
3. Purchase a tow vehicle (also a cash purchase)
4. Purchase a small property to be a home base (small mortgage or pay cash??)
5. Develop two more passive income streams (2 already happening, but need 2 more)
6. Learn men's barbering (retirement job)
7. Finish my Financial Planning certification (a transition career into and during retirement)
8. Actively downsize and cull our 'stuff'
9. Increase percentage of income bearing investments
10. Start seriously studying frugal living-on-the-road skills
11. Plan and execute several extended caravan trips as a transition to life on the road
If you are wondering what our retirement plan looks like - read about it here.
What would you do if you were us in the next 505 weeks?
Take care folks and stay nice.
Mr HM (Phil)