Sunday, 23 July 2017

A Big Change Emerging


A work morning tea cooked with love from scratch.



Hi folks

Gosh! Over the last 3 months I have experienced the real beginnings of a huge paradigm shift. This has happened a little accidentally and yet somehow it seems to be the right time (when you are ready the teacher appears - maybe??).


Lovely Lehman's lanterns from USA


As you all probably know, my wife is of Jewish 'extraction' and because of this I have always been mildly curious about all things Jewish (mainly the food!).  However, recently I have started to do some serious research of Jewish methods of personal money management and how that all intertwines with life, faith and belief systems. In short, I have been blown away with what I have discovered.....and I am only beginning to scratch the surface.


Some of my china from yesteryear.


As a result, the direction and topics of this blog will begin to mature to reflect those learnings as I put them into action.  I am still immersed up to my eyeballs in study on this topic and probably will be for a lifetime truth be told. The real part is the doing thereof and the changes to both internal and external habits and thought processes.


Home made pumpkin soup with sour cream


Mostly everything I have written on this blog and in other places still stands true, however the belief system and the logic behind it all is now maturing rapidly. I am having light-globe moments now on a daily basis and here's me thinking this old dog was past learning new things! New habits are forming daily, my world-view has discovered several new colours and at least a couple of brand new dimensions due to my studies.  I do not think I have felt so hopeful and empowered ever before in my life. It's big. Real big. I feel the third age of my life dawning powerfully.

Lots to talk about - be back soon.

Take care and stay nice folks.


Mr HM (Phil)

21 comments:

  1. Wow it does sound like a big change is occurring in your life! I hope it is fulfilling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting Phil. I am looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you Mr HM! This post got me sitting up and paying attention, I can't wait to see how this unfolds! Nothing beats a "new discovery"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo can't wait to learn more from our 'teacher', have a great week P and all the Family xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do tell, I am very interested and intrigued can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds exciting Phil. Any recommended reading for us?

    Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Can I ask where you found this information .I would love to reaad it Sounds really interesting I sure a great many of you followers would too . Many Thanks for your posts always great too read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delving into new cultures, is always a fascinating journey. Especially if you're connected to it through family ties. It makes what you learn, all the more relevant. I've had many light-bulb moments emerge, from delving into my indigenous ancestry.

    I look forward to reading about yours. I've always respected the Jewish culture, and how it emerged from such harsh physical conditions. While I may not understand all their traditions, I can at least relate to their sense of land stewardship. A lot of the parables Jesus spoke of, were based on agriculture.

    It's easy to assume, he fashioned his language to suit farmers, and yet it can be applied to any landscape, and any landholder. Tend the land, bring in the harvest, and don't be stingy with the community, when it comes to sharing. Even the poor got to glean the fields, for free - even when they did not take part in the planting, or own the land. It was incomprehensible to allow waste and hunger.

    I wonder if that's part of what you'll touch on?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have missed your posts. This all sounds rather interesting and very exciting.
    Life is such a never-ending journey of learning and evolving. I can't wait to hear more.

    - Jade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look forward to following along and learning with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Inam a newbie , and am intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Phil, I too am interested in what this is all about. To stand stil is actually to go backwards.
    Blessings Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never too old to learn new things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting! I look forward to reading and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the feeling of finding something new, discovering new ideas and paths. I can hear the excitement through your words and look forward to hearing more xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I stumbled upon your blog this am. What a treasure I have found. God has always made my heart quite sensitive to all things Jewish. I married a man whose adopted parents are Jewish. I am so anxious to follow your blog on this journey. Beth S. Masontown Pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete
  17. this sounds so interesting to me...looking forward to more...in the meantime I'll do some research of my own...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't wait to hear more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...