|Beautiful honeycomb from my cousin's hive.|
I'm a great talker, list writer, planner, thinker, dreamer......but a doer? Hmmm, that's a different beast.
Don't get me wrong, discussing, writing lists, pondering and imaging are all very powerful things - but only if something happens because of them. I have found a funny thing in my life viz: the more I talk about an idea the less likely it is to happen.
|The old rustic table comes up nicely when oiled.|
It is as if me talking is my version of wanting-to-want-to-want-to-do-it (!).
Sometimes it is linked to be tired - it is easier just to talk than do. Other times it is linked to fear or not fully understanding what to do - if we talk lots about it, then it will prolong the necessity to do it. Sometimes talking takes the form of delegation....but at my house it is a matter of "do it y'self buddy!" and thus delegation bites the dust pretty quickly.
|A simple from scratch dinner.|
We love our sausages dipped
in egg and flour before frying.
So I have learned over the years that if I find myself talking about my plans too much to STOP. Clam up. Bite that tongue. Get off my rump. Go and do it.
I generally have to keep a keen eye on my talk/do ratio - I'm more self aware than I used to be...at least in that area. I am looking forward to a heap more 'doing' starting in April - I really am feeling a rising sense of energy.
|So many fresh eggs.....|
What have I done this week...let's see
- Oiled the outside dining table - came up a treat.
- Experimented with lamp wick trimming to get a better light and less smoke
- Squeezed another $40 a fortnight out of the budget into savings
- Culled my clothing of anything I have not worn for 6 months
- Recorded a couple of YouTube videos with the help of my eldest daughter
- Dismantled fully one of my antique reed organs
- Froze a whole crop of tomatoes
- Cleaned the ceiling fans - (I hate that job)
- Experimented with new laundry liquid recipes
- Drained the cyst on one of the hen's feet - she is much better now.
- Gifted 5 dozen eggs
- Starting new separate savings plans for our off-grid touring rig and our off-grid farmlet.
- Started seriously tracking our superannuation (I have conspiracy theories about these BTW)
- Started practicing two new pieces of music
- Started a new thrice-daily mediation regime (loving it)
- Started BBQing more as it is cheaper than running the oven. (experimenting with hood-down cooking)
|The business end of the kitchen.|
What will I be doing in April? Not saying...that would be talking and not doing. Ha!
Take care folks and stay nice.
|Our recycled lounge suite out|
on the deck