Here's the thing......if we are not feeling up to grating soap, boiling stuff over the stove and want to still use our favourite store-bought laundry liquid but baulk at the price of it - then we CAN!
|Gather everything you need first|
Here's how to do it for 1/16 of the normal price:
1. Buy your most favourite laundry liquid when it is on 1/2 price sale.
2. Boil the jug (minimum 1 litre)
3. Take an empty, clean two litre container
4. Add 1 litre of the boiled water (still hot)
5. Add 1/2 cup of your favourite laundry liquid
6. Add 5 teaspoons (flat not heaped) of Borax
7. Add 5 teaspoons (flat not heaped) of washing soda
8. Gently pour in cool water till the container is 99% full (leave a little air space)
9. Pop the lid on and gently mix by rocking the container upside down and back for 1 minute.
10. Use 1/3 of a cup in either your front or top loader per wash.
Caution: Use a small funnel for ease and also be very careful of the boiling water.
|Boiling water in first.....|
|Washing Soda in....|
|Pouring in neat laundry liquid|
from the expensive bottle
|....topping up with cool tap water.|
At the end of the day, the bulk of the washing action is actually done by the movement of the clothes inside our washing machine - this is proven by peoples all over the world who simply wash in a running stream and beat their clothes on a rock...you would be astounded how clean these clothes are without a trace of soap - just running clean water and a rock!
The beauty of this recipe is that it cuts the cost of our favourite store-bought laundry liquid to 1/8 of its original cost.....and if we wait for it to go on 1/2 price sale then it will only cost us a 1/16 of the standard price.
|Ready to pop the lid on and|
Lean in, give it a whirl.
In other news......
We are off to the Newcastle Cathedral tonight to hear the nine lessons and carols after which we will all go out for coffee and cake (an extravagance indeed!) then come home and open just one present each....that is our little Christmas Eve tradition.
Take care folks, stay nice.