Friday, 30 December 2016

An Exquisite Present



An Exquisite Present


This week, an exquisite present arrived in the post for us from Jenny of the Elefantz.

This present was quite out of the blue and we did not even know what it was going to be....I maybe expected something quite small or perhaps a letter. However this grand package arrived with the most beautiful handcrafted cushion inside and a lovely personal card with a thoughtful meaningful message.


The stitching is nothing short of perfect.

The attention to detail and design is gorgeous

The execution of this design cannot be adequately shown
in a photo.


Mrs HM spent a good deal of time just quietly inspecting the cushion and at last said to me that it was that well crafted that it needed to have a special place in our home. It now sits on our made-up bed in all its elegance.

To be truthful, I think the thought, wisdom, messages, intention and personal encouragement that accompanied this beautiful present was even more meaningful than the present itself. This beautiful piece now is a daily visual reminder to us of these virtues.


Challah freshly baked for Sabbath
meal tonight.


Jenny has already done a post on the making of it HERE if you wanted to see the detail in much better photographic clarity than I can manage on my little phone camera.

I still marvel at the generousity, ingenuity and care that our simple, frugal online community musters up. I most certainly am unlikely to ever meet Jenny in the flesh, however she has touched our lives and rekindled a spark of possibility and hope in our hearts here at the Home Makers household.


I took Mrs HM away last night and this is the breakfast buffet
we enjoyed this morning.


Take care folks and stay nice. Take heart and stay hopeful.


Mr HM


20 comments:

  1. I love how you always sign off with a positive line. 'Take heart and stay hopeful'.

    It seems the world is becoming more chaotic and frantic, on a global and societal level. These five simple words mean a lot. I find that as the world is becoming more volatile (cue - stop watching the news), I am taking a lot more comfort in my home and doing simple things that nurture my soul.

    Take care and keep doing what makes YOU happy.

    PS: Absolutely beautiful cushion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same - my home is becoming increasingly the place I just want to be all the time.

      Delete
  2. Mr.HM that was lovely of Jenny to send that lovely gift to you. She does exquisite work I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely wonderful gift Jenny has made, something to treasure always♥ Lovely photo of the breakfast buffet, hope you and Mrs HM had a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Manchester Lass - it will always be treasured.

      Delete
  4. Such a thing of beauty for you and Mrs M to enjoy and treasure. Jenny does such beautiful needlework. I have a couple of decor items with scriptures on them that serve as reminders to me. I also have one very special to me scripture inscribed on my heart.
    It is a lovely community to be part of for sure. I am so glad you felt encouraged by her kind and generous gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the things you own should have a purpose or beauty, to hand craft with such care and then send it as a gift, double joy for the maker and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with that principle Marlene. We are slowly working through our stuff using that exact measure. Over the last 2 years we have gotten rid of such a load of un-meaningful stuff

      Delete
  6. a very beautiful gift!
    jenny does such lovely works & all from the heart, love her blog & seeing what she makes & designs.
    what a delicious looking breakfast table, glad you & Mrs HM had a lovely time out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. You're lucky to receive such a beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....very fortunate indeed - I agree Sharon.

      Delete
  8. So happy to have found you again! I followed you on House of Simple and was sad when it seemed to disappear. Best wishes for a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen - yes, unfortunately I had to close HOS down for security reasons. Happy catching up reading :-)

      Delete
  9. I think that handmade gifts, like your beautiful cushion from Jenny, always come with something of the maker stitched or woven or knitted or painted or baked in - their love, their kindness, their time...very special indeed. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  10. It blessed me to make the cushion and gift it to you both. And I was so happy to hear the two of you had some time away! That's extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our very grateful thanks to you again Jenny from us both.

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year dear Homemaker family! I hope 2017 brings you much peace, contentment and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisite indeed! Jenny's work is just divine. Happy 2017 to the Homemaker household - may it be a truly wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful kind gesture from Jenny, her work is just perfect. I have been following her blog for quite some time and am in awe of her talent.



    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...