RIGHT! OK! (clears throat) It's 'time'! (somewhat like Mr Badger from Wind In The Willows)
If indeed I am simplifying my life, if indeed I have the will-power and motivation to slay consumer debt, if I have the wherewithal to change my life as I have so far, then it is time to face the next BIG dragon in my life. My obesity.
I was a very thin bloke when I was married 27 years ago, probably borderline unhealthly skinny caused by general anxiety and being unable to eat much at all. Over time this has now done a big back-flip and I now eat to dull the feelings of anxiety (which physiologically feel so similar to hunger for me)
So, I am sharing a weekly post with you all to keep on track.
I am no dietitian. I am not a doctor and am in no way qualified to give medical advice, dietary advice or exercise advise. This is just a weekly journal to chat about, share and record my weight loss.
To be in keeping with my beliefs and new life direction over the last few years of frugality, self reliance, simplicity, peacefulness and anti-consumerism - the following will be the premise of my weight loss regime:
- No weight loss programs that cost money
- No purchasing of weight loss products
- No buying low calorie foods/meals from the supermarket
- I refuse to pay for a gym or gym equipment
- No gimmicks or crack-pot regimes
- Eating whole foods
- Eating fresh vegetables and fruit
- Fresh unprocessed meats
- Eschewing added sugars
- Natural exercise like walking, running and body-weight exercises
- No soft drinks or packaged juices
- No quitting even if I make a judgement error or fall off the wagon - straight back on.
- Embracing periods of hunger sensation
- No increase in food budget allowed
- Saying "no" to packaged and processed foods
This is my starting weight 120.8 kg
|This picture was taken just moments before several springs|
shot out of the scales and the display reverted to showing
the word FAT. Hehe!
My ideal weight is approx 79 kg
(according to the BMI and weight calculator from the Australian Heart Foundation which tells me I should weigh between 64 kg and 86 kg so I chose a middle figure of this range)
Weight required to be lost is 41.8 kg
At 186 cm tall the calculator says I am OBESE with a BMI of 34
For our non-metric readers 1 kg equals 2.20462 pounds
Anyway.....in other news, here are some pictures from around our place recently - I'll let them do the talking.
|Last nights tea cooked from scratch.|
Fluffy rice and sweet'n'sour sausages
|Some of my hens...all healthy and happy|
|Tomatoes beginning to set.|
|Kent pumpkins transplanted at last|
|The aubergines have taken off like a shot|
|Eggs, eggs, eggs....and more eggs|
Take care folks and stay nice.